I’m slowly catching up on my faceup projects here! Featured next is DD Yui Hirasawa, a girl released in 2010 that I just got around to repainting.
I picked up her head/body from Mandarake a while ago, and realized that she looked very cute on MDD body! So my plan for her faceup was to create something very cute and stylized to play up her simple features.
As an older release she still has the hard vinyl head cap. Fortunately it’s pretty easy to swap it with newer head caps so I can change the eyes more easily- in this case she’s borrowing my DWC02 head cap.
I noticed in this photo that her lip color looks a bit uneven, so I went back and touched it up a bit.
I also tested out the DDS body (which didn’t exist yet for her original release) and the result is pretty cute too!
The pink and eyelash / eyeshadow detail really bring out her cuteness! You mentioned on the chocobunny outfit post “take that ADD” — I was recently diagnosed a few months ago, and wanted to ask how you find and manage time to complete doll projects it’s something I’ve struggled with for years!
Thanks! For doll projects it really helps me to have a firm deadline and a detailed plan. If I can keep myself from starting another project until the existing one is done, I have a good chance of finishing it. Having a blog/social media also motivates me to finish so I can photograph and share my finished work. But sometimes having deadlines and blocking other fun projects can add anxiety, so you have to find a balance that works for your health too. I only do a couple big projects like this a year.