For my next faceup project, I decided to repaint my student Mariko head. I’ve painted a custom Mariko before but my own Mariko ended up in the faceup backlog until now.
Before and after
I ended up fussing a bit more with this one after I thought I was done also- I realized that I didn’t paint the border around her teeth (it’s got a sculpted gap around them for lack of a better word) and the overall expression looked too sad. I tightened up the mouth corners and painted a fuller upper lip, and that gave her the look I was going for.
I wanted a vibrant and glamorous look for Mariko, so I used pinks and purples in the eyelashes, lots of saturated pink and peach blush, and painted the lashes extra thick with some faux gloss.