I’ve already posted some photos of the prototype, and now Mirielle’s cute cardigan is ready to debut as a pattern! The cardigan is styled to be loose and longer in the sleeve, but with a short shrug-style body. Of course, you can easily modify the pieces to suit your own style.
Use stretch/knit fabric and needle. If the machine tries to ‘eat’ the edges, add paper underneath and then tear away after.
The trim pieces aren’t drawn to scale – use the measurements provided for these.
1. Attach front pieces to back piece at the top.
2. Fold the short trim piece in half longways, and with Right Side to Right Side, sew along the back piece’s bottom edge.
3. Fold the long trim piece longways, and sew RS to RS along the front and neckline.
4. For sleeves: Fold cuff in half longways, and sew RS to RS on sleeve. Same for both sleeves.
5. Pin sleeve RS to armhole RS and stitch around the armhole. Do the same for both.
6. Turn the shirt and sleeves to wrong side out. Line up the sleeve and side hems. Starting at the sleeve cuff, stitch down the length of the sleeve and continue down the side. Do the same for both sides, and then turn to right side.